Estimating & Job Costing
Market Research & Marketing Campaign
Government Regulations & Relations
Strategic Partnerships: Government and Private Sector
Managing Multiple Project Simultaneously
PRESIDENT & CEOAPRIL 2014- PRESENT
THE GREATER NORTH MIAMI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Serve as CEO of one of the most recognized business organizations in Miami Dade County, leading a staff of 12 and activities of 100+ volunteers and 400+ members while overseeing dynamic, highly complex entity that handles economic development, business marketing, tourism promotion, community awareness, and business advocacy for the City of North Miami.
• Established trademark for City of North Miami as a "City on the Move".
• Created a partnership with Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau to increase email distribution and expand North Miami's brand beyond City borders.
• Developed the Business Round table conference in order to effectively and cohesively market the North Miami region.
• Developed and organized Flavors of North Miami which is now the largest food and wine festival in North Miami with over 2,500 in attendance in 2015.
• Creator and Co-Chair of the North Miami ART BLOCK and the Downtown Art Walk Tours to promote cultural tourism in Downtown North Miami.
• Co-Founded the North East Dade Film Coalition to address film permitting issues and to promote North Miami as a primary film destination.
• Re-branded entire organization: new logo, website, social media accounts, slogan, mission statement, committee structure.
• Established strategic alliances and joint ventures with companies and organizations which included: Miami Dolphins, Wade Foundation, Johnson & Wales University, FIU, Whole Foods, Lexus, Audi, Waste Pro, FP&L, Greater Miami Conventions & Visitors Bureau, SBA, North Miami CRA, Museum of Contemporary Arts (MOCA), Dynamic community Development Corporation and Turnberry Associates.
• Organized yearly community recognition awards ceremony for inspirational women in Miami-Dade with average attendance of 300+.
• Organized monthly recognition awards and sponsored contributions for City of North Miami Police Department with average attendance of 150+.
• Developed television series titled "Whats Happening in North Miami" with Island TV to target Caribbean market.
• Developed weekly radio segment with WJCC - Radio Mega to attract the Haitian business community.
• Raised over $25k for Police Athletic League of North Miami.
• Raised over $30K for Johnson and Wales University Scholarships.
• Developed alternative income sources through partnerships and contracts, thus relieving Chamber’s burden of solely depending on membership dues for revenue; negotiate all leases and contracts to Chamber’s financial benefit.
• Created and implemented strong, aggressive marketing campaigns that led to 40% increase in membership retention and renewals, and 25% increase in referrals.
• Increased productivity by removing all redundant operations. Streamlined all financial transactions, client managements, sales and customer service onto one platform and integrated it into company website and back office.
• Grew trustee membership from 7 companies to 16 resulting in 60% gain for that division.
• Delivered year-over-year revenue growth of 15-20%, increasing major accounts in strategically important local regions such as Aventura, North Miami, North Miami Beach and Miami Shores.
• Introduced numerous managerial/operational improvements including computerized production of backlog reports, staff cross-training and resource redeployment.
• Setup new company payment processing system to tighten cash management and reduced payments from 30 to 5 days allowing all projects and committees to continue operations without disruption
COO & PRINCIPAL PARTNERFEB 2011- JUNE 2014
RETRIEVEDAT LLC. IT, APP AND CLOUD SERVICES
Led start-up grassroots campaign to launch a tech company providing wireless and cloud based IT services to both local and international companies. Grew company to 3 full time employees and 16 contract workers. Serviced clients located in United States, UK, Turkey, United Eremites, Venezuela, and Haiti. Negotiated eventual sale of company for a positive gross profit.
• Grew business from a 1 man $25,000 a year operation to a $250,000 a year business in 3 years.
• Lead cross-functional teams that collaborate as a focused unit to achieve aggressive business goals and drive the evolution of concepts into achievable business strategies
• Conceptualized and developed the “RetrievedAt” brand, to be recognized as a safe and respected company.
• Built key accounts with City of Lauderhill, Blu Egg, City National Bank, Casa Mondo, and EWilson Construction, representing 55% of total sales revenues
• Developed virtual sales teams and outside contractors to extend services to clients and increase revenue.
• Defined best practices for project support, documentation and system performance analysis.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONSMAY 2013-APRIL 2014
CAREER TECH, ANTHEM EDU
Co-led a startup vocational school specializing in career training for phlebotomists, CNA and medical assistants. Developed, recruited and trained entire admissions department and grew campus to a staff of 15, which resulted in a student population of over 200 students..
• Building Admissions Department from ground up in a startup environment..
• Created all admission policies and procedures, used across the board for all admissions staff..
• Recruited, trained and managed a staff of 12, in reaching monthly recruitment, enrollment and retention goals with weekly reports..
• Cross train all staff in multiple departments in Admissions procedures and policies..
• Created digital and print marketing collateral for Admissions Departments in 7 campuses throughout the state of Florida..
• Developed and implemented targeted marketing and recruitment strategies for high schools, community colleges, pre-college and community-based organization outreach efforts..
• Formed partnerships with local organizations which included Lauderhill Chamber of Commerce, Urban League of Broward County, Workforce One, and One Financial..
• Facilitated in forming partnerships with organization such as Liberty Tax Services, One Financial, TD Bank, Dan Marino foundation and Workforce One to provide funding opportunities for students..
• Ongoing training and supervision of the outreach staff, development of recruitment initiatives for enrollment growth.
SENIOR PROJECT TEAM MANAGERJAN 2010-MAY 2013
KEISER UNIVERSITY ONLINE
Serve as liaison between Registrar’s Department and Project Team to plan, develop and deploy change management initiatives for technical implementation including productivity software, systems, technical application and hardware release for the University.
• Developed email marketing campaigns for admissions, ongoing enrollment increased by as much as 20%. Email template became the standard company wide.
• Coordinated with web team to develop web sites and e-commerce logistics.
• Developed new scripts for online division admission associates and standardized all customer service procedures.
• Recommended instant messaging software platform which increased response time company wide.
• Established relationships through interdepartmental & departmental staff to enable dependable quality assurance
• Focused teams on business objectives and tracked progress to ensure project milestones were completed on time, on budget and with the desired results.
SITE ACQUISITION MANAGERMAY 2008-JAN 2010
SHAPIRO & FISHMAN, GAUCH LLP
Directed all facets of the real estate and foreclosure sales department. Provided direction to company executives on how to rapidly meet new aggressive acquisition objectives. Increased department efficiency by over 40% from previous manager
• Recommended a new case management platform technology which increased the efficiency of business processes throughout the entire company.
• Established standards, priorities and goals for all aspects of site acquisition, including settlements, documentation and exhibits, and feasibility reports.
• Conducted financial analyses and process client’s real estate bidding requirements. Researched and determined market values and zoning issues.
• Orchestrated property ads for local newspapers (Online and Offline).
• Created excel spreadsheets to determine acceptable bidding amount for site acquisition and/or sale system that increased productivity. Conducted online property research and analysis and financial forecasting.
• Researched funding proposals for Real Estate acquisitions.
Address: 13100 W. Dixie Highway North Miami, FL
Phone Number: (786)530-5815